Easy Cheesy Quesadillas with Mango Salsa
- whole wheat tortillas
- mango salsa (or whatever salsa you prefer, I guess)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- sour cream (optional)
- Get everything ready. Drain and rinse the beans, melt your coconut oil in the microwave, and find your biggest cutting board for a work surface.
- Lay out your tortillas and coat one side of them in coconut oil. Then flip them over. The side without the coconut oil will get the fillings.
- Pile as much shredded cheese, beans, and salsa you like onto one half of each tortilla. Then fold them over.
- Place your folded quesadillas into a large frying pan and begin frying them on medium-high heat. When one side becomes golden brown and the cheese is melting, flip the quesadilla over to the other side.
- When both sides are golden brown and fried to perfection, take your quesadillas off the stove, put 'em on a plate, cut them with a pizza cutter and dip them in sour cream. Oh my....
This recipe is my new favorite because it is so fast. If I have leftover ingredients, I can just stuff them all in the fridge and make more quesadillas later in the week. So easy!